How to update your email signature
You now have a new email signature! It’s okay if you forgot or never knew how to update your signature, it can be confusing.
Here’s how you do it:
- Select the signature below by clicking next to the social icons and holding while dragging your cursor up until the signature is highlighted.
- Copy (MAC: COMMAND + C , PC: CTRL + C) your signature.
- Open your signature dialogue window in Outlook. It’s important to make sure you are creating a NEW signature not updating your old one.
- MAC: OUTLOOK > PREFERENCES > SIGNATURES > select “+” to add a new one.
- PC: FILE> OPTIONS > MAIL > SIGNATURES > select “NEW”
- Paste (MAC: COMMAND + V , PC: CTRL + V) your signature into the new window that appears.
- Update the filler information with your own information. Make sure to update it one line at a time to avoid changing the layout or style.
- It is important that you keep the styling, so if you notice that the color and font have changed undo it (MAC: COMMAND + Z , PC: CTRL + Z) and try again making sure not to backspace too far or select more than one line.
- Save your signature (click floppy disk icon/ save button) and close the window.
- Make sure to set your new signature as the default for sending and replying. This option is located in a dropdown menu in the signature dialogue window (the first window you opened).
- You’re all set! Feel free to send a test email to check that everything is looking good.